The Wines of the Marquisate
This experience includes a visit with wine tasting at a winery in the Marquisate of Saluzzo area
There is a small area of Piedmont at the foot of Monviso, formerly known as the Marquisate of Saluzzo, where wines have a long history. The first written records of the existence of vineyards in the Saluzzo hills date back to the second half of the thirteenth century, while at the beginning of the sixteenth century we speak of thirty Pelaverga wine drums sent to Pope Julius II each year. Pelaverga delle Colline Saluzzesi is a historic vine. The monks of San Colombano planted the first vines on the sunny hills of Val Bronda. Will be the Marquises of Saluzzo will give impetus to the cultivation of the vine, in particular of the indigenous Pelaverga vine. In this area protected by the Monviso a microclimate helps the crops, from the vine to the fruit to the olive groves.
This experien ...
The price includes
- - Guided tour to the Castello della Manta
- - Guided tour to the winery
- - Wine tasting
The price doesn't include
- - Transfer service
- - Medical/Luggage insurance (mandatory)
- - Opening practice (mandatory)
- - Everything not mentioned in "The price includes"
Possibility to ask for
- - Guided tour of Saluzzo
- - Personalized experience
- - Personalized tasting
- - Transfer services
- - Bike / eBike rental
- - Overnight stay
- - Lunches/Dinners
- - At the time of booking it is recommended to report any food allergies and/or different dietery practices
(veganism, vegetarianism, etc.).
- - The visit can be booked every day. Reservations are recommended within 7 days prior to the requested
date (especially for weekend visits). In case of requests that arrive later than 7 days in advance, availability
will still be checked and if necessary a similar experience will be reported in another location.
- - Maximum number for groups: 50 people